By Mimi Rippy
1. The Last Supper, or Il Cenacolo, as it is called in Italian, is one of the most popular attractions on the Italian tourism circuit. So buy your Last Supper Painting Tickets before hand to ensure you are able to view the painting and don't miss out on this incredible experience.
2. Since it is painted on the wall of the Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan, you'll have the chance to enter one of the world's sacred destinations, which has existed since the 15th century.
3. It is one of Leonardo Da Vinci's most famous masterpieces.
4. As a result of Da Vinci's artistic alternative material techniques combined with years of neglect, the painting has already been restored several times. See it before it deteriorates beyond recognizability!
5. It is symbolic of an important moment in religious history - Jesus' last meal with his disciples - which also marks the first communion service.
6. Make your own decisions about the debate surrounding the figure sitting to the left of Jesus, from the observer's point-of-view, made famous by Dan Brown's novel The Da Vinci Code. Is the Apostle John, or Mary Magdalene?
7. In contrast to the Mona Lisa, which is deceivingly tiny in real life, the true magnificence of the painting, which measures 450 by 870 cm, cannot be properly appreciated unless viewed first-hand.
8. The Cenacolo is painted in the dining area of the Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie. There is nothing more surreal than viewing the masterpiece, while imagining the monks dining in its shadow, in the very place that you are standing.
9. While the scene has been painted before, Il Cenacolo is the first to depict real people resembling real people.
10. It's arguably the greatest example of one point perspective ever created in a painting.
Last Supper tickets
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mimi_Rippy