London is one of the most popular cities in Europe. With the range of activities available, planning a trip to this city may prove to be taxing. Here is a list of experiences that any first-timer to London should not miss:
- Buckingham Palace - The London experience would not be complete without watching the Changing of the Guard at the Buckingham Palace. This is one of the highlights any tourist's visit to London. Watch the guards march towards Buckingham Palace clad with their red uniforms and Bearskins. The Bearskins are the black hats that the guards wear and weigh approximately 660 grams. The Changing of the Guard takes place at 11:30 AM almost daily. Check with your hotel for confirmed schedules.
- The London Eye - For great views of the city, the London Eye is a must-visit. Each revolution of the London Eye takes 30 minutes, the entire duration of which one is guaranteed to be treated to spectacular views of the city. Visitors board the capsules which revolve at a speed of 26 centimeters per second. The London Eye is open daily from 10 AM until 8 PM. It is highly recommended that you purchase your tickets online as the queues for the ticket booth may get long.
- Cruise the Thames - After your flight on the London Eye, why not take a river cruise along the Thames? Commentaries are available onboard. See Shakespeare's Globe Theater, the London and Tower Bridges, as well as the Tower of London. This is an experience that shouldn't be missed!
- Watch a West End performance
Spend a night out at the theater. The options are endless! For starters, try watching Mamma Mia at the Prince of Wales Theatre, or Wicked at the Apollo Victoria Theatre.
- Sample London's national dish - Before or after the West End performance, grab a bite of fish and chips at one of London's historical pubs. Some pubs in London are even more than 500 hundred years old!
- Take the tube - The most convenient way to travel around London is through the tube system as tourist attractions are conveniently situated near tube stations. Mind the gap!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Nina_Marquez